How To Install Canon MX492 Ink Cartridges
Canon MX492 Ink Replacement - Pixma MX492 Ink
Canon MX492 Ink Replacement Cartridges from $18.95
Save $16.08 (29% off retail price)
Save $1.08 (3% off retail price)
Save $27.04 (33% off retail price)
Save $1.04 (5% off retail price)
Save $7.04 (27% off retail price)
Save $2.04 (9% off retail price)
Save $9.04 (30% off retail price)
How do I change Canon MX492 ink cartridges on printer?
- Make sure that your printer is on.
- Open the front printer cover; this will automatically open the paper tray. Ensure that there is no paper in the paper cassette.
- Next, open the paper cover. The Canon Pixma MX492 ink cartridge's carriage will automatically move to prepare for its replacement position so wait for it to stop moving completely before proceeding.
- Push the cartridge you wanted to replace down until you hear a click sound. Carefully remove the empty cartridges.
- Get your new CompAndSave's Canon MX492 printer ink replacement cartridge. Open it over a sink or garbage can to avoid any messes in case it leaks as sometimes, factories tend to overfill ink cartridges.
- Remove the covering tape that is usually bright in color as well as the plastic protective case, if there is, before installing it. Make sure not to touch the chip or contacts that are gold in color or the cartridge nozzle as it may cause print-quality issues.
- Gently insert the Canon MX492 ink cartridges at a slanting position. Ensure to insert it on the appropriate slot for its color. You should hear a snap indicating that it's locked in place.
- After this, raise the paper cover to close it back to its original position.
Most Common Canon MX492 Ink Cartridges Questions
- What ink does Canon MX492 use?
- Canon Pixma MX492 printer uses the standard Canon 245 black, and 246 tri-color ink cartridges. It also uses the high yield version which is the Canon 245XL black, and 246XL tri-color ink cartridges. These ink cartridges will work as a replacement of the original standard Canon 245/246 or high yield Canon 245XL/246XL ink but in a much lesser price. CompAndSave offers a wide variety of cheap ink cartridges that will work on your printer that is covered with a 1-year satisfaction guarantee.
- Can I use 240XL instead of 245?
- The answer is no. Printers that uses Canon 245/245XL black ink just like Canon Pixma MX492, are designed to not recognize any other cartridges aside from the specific cartridges mentioned. This works the same way for printers that uses Canon 240XL ink cartridges. Even if both cartridges looks the same, the printers specifically created for each cartridge model will fail to recognize them if interchanged.