With thousands of different printer models out there, it's very important for you to know your printer model number or name. Knowing the exact printer name will help when you need to order replacement cartridges, download printer drivers or software utilities, and search for support.
There are two types of labeling to identify your printer:
- Printer Model Number: A group of numbers or in combination with letters that follow after the series name. Together with the series name, this will give you your correct printer model number or printer name. For example:
Where to find my printer name or printer model?
You should be able to find your printer model in one of the following locations below:
- Start by searching on the front of your printer. The printer model could be located on either the top or bottom portion of your printer.
- The printer model could be found on the top portion of your printer; usually located near the control panel.
- Find the control panel on your printer. Your printer model could be located either at the top or bottom.
- On some Epson printer models, the printer series and model number may be found in different locations. See example below:
- Open the top cover of the printer, exposing the ink cartridge holder. The printer model may be found inside this area. See example below:
- If all else fails, you can find your printer model in the user guide, quick set up guide, installation CD that was included with your printer, or on the packaging box itself. Though this is an option, we highly suggest that you search your physical printer to get the exact model or name.