HP 540 Ink Cartridges - DeskJet 540 Ink
Replacement HP 540 Ink Cartridges from $9.99
Save $14.00 (40% off retail price)
Save $25.00 (71% off retail price)
How do I change the ink cartridge on a HP 540?
- Turn on your printer.
- Open the cartridge door. The ink cartridge's carriage will automatically move, so make sure to wait for it to stop moving before you proceed.
- Remove the old ink cartridge from its cradle.
- Get your new CompAndSave HP DeskJet 540 ink cartridge. Open it over a sink or garbage can to avoid any mess in case it leaks, as sometimes factories tend to overfill the ink cartridges. Make sure to touch the black plastic part only, then remove the covering tape that is usually bright in color along with the plastic protective case, if there is, before installing it.
- Insert the HP ink 540 in the print cartridge cradle and press it down firmly.
- Close the latch on the cradle. You will hear a click when the latch is entirely closed.
- Connect the power cord, then close the top lid.
HP 540 Ink Cartridges FAQs
- What ink does HP DeskJet 540 use?
- The HP DeskJet 540 printer uses the HP 26 black ink cartridge and HP 25 color ink cartridge. CompAndSave offers replacement standard yield HP 26 and HP 25 ink cartridges that are high-quality and budget-friendly. To know more about remanufactured and compatible ink cartridges, check our Ink Knowledge Base.
- Can I refill HP DeskJet cartridge?
- You can have your HP DeskJet cartridge refilled up to three times. However, it is not recommended since it can cause printing issues such as smudges, uneven and poor print quality. If you wish to refill an empty ink cartridge, you will need the right tools and instructions to refill it properly. CompAndSave offers a wide variety of cheap printer ink cartridges at a much lesser price without compromising their quality if you choose to purchase a new one. Our ink cartridges are manufactured to meet or exceed the OEM specifications, which will save you from all the trouble of going through the process of refilling an ink cartridge.