HP DeskJet 5940 Ink Cartridges - DeskJet 5940 Photo Ink
Replacement HP DeskJet 5940 Ink Cartridges from $9.90
Save $62.15 (76% off retail price)
Save $93.19 (81% off retail price)
Save $93.24 (77% off retail price)
Save $140.16 (82% off retail price)
Save $156.37 (77% off retail price)
Save $235.52 (82% off retail price)
Save $44.10 (78% off retail price)
Save $30.09 (76% off retail price)
Save $39.04 (79% off retail price)
Save $57.09 (84% off retail price)
Save $6.09 (36% off retail price)
How to change HP DeskJet 5940 ink cartridges on printer?
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Raise the printer cover to get access to the cartridges. The ink cartridge carrier will move and settle for the cartridge replacement position. Do not move or stop the print holder by touching it or forcing it to move. Allow it to settle without interruption.
- Gently push the used HP 5940 printer cartridge down to release it. Then, take it off of the machine.
- Get your new CompAndSave HP 5940 ink cartridge. Open the cartridge over a sink or garbage can to avoid any messes in case of a leak, as sometimes, factories tend to overfill cartridges. Make sure to touch the black plastic part only, then remove the covering tape that is usually bright in color and the plastic protective case, if there is, before installing it.
- Insert the HP 5940 printer cartridge into the machine at an upward angle. Push it until it clicks in place.
- Close the front cover.
Most Common HP DeskJet 5940 Ink Cartridges Questions
- What ink does HP 5940 use?
- HP DeskJet 5940 is compatible for different ink cartridge models. For black ink, it can either use the standard HP 98 ink cartridge or the bigger version which is the HP 96. Both cartridges have the same function, the only difference is the HP 96 contains more ink and can print more pages. For the color cartridge, it can either use standard HP 95 or HP 97. Same goes for the black ink cartridges. HP 97 ink contains more ink and can print more pages. HP DeskJet 5940, also has an optional ink cartridge that is mostly used if you are going to print photos. This ink cartridge is the HP 99 photo ink cartridge.
- How do I make my HP printer not use HP ink?
- Remanufactured or replacement ink cartridges usually works instantly without doing any configuration. But in case your printer don't accept them, you may try to disable the "HP Cartridge Protection" by accessing the "HP printer software", then go to "Settings". Look for "HP Cartridge Protection" and then "Disable" it.