Help Center - How do I Refill a Fax Machine with Ribbon Roll?
How do I Refill a Fax Machine with Ribbon Roll?
It is time to refill the ribbon roll of your fax machine when the message "Ribbon Empty - Reset or Replace" appears. Here are the general instructions on how to refill a ribbon roll in a fax machine such as the Brother Fax 575.
- Open the top cover of the machine by lifting the lever on the top cover's right side.
- Remove the used ribbon cartridge.
- Set the cartridge upside down. With the blue gear in the upper left corner.
- Remove the used ribbon by snapping out the upper and lower right spools from the holders of the cartridge.
- Slide the used ribbon rolls out of the print cartridge.
- Remove the white spools from the used ribbon rolls. Set them aside.
- Get the new ribbon rolls. Remove the white elastic from them.
- Position the ribbon rolls with the full roll in the lower position and the ribbon's shiny side facing down.
- Insert the white spools into the new ribbon rolls.
- Assemble the ribbon rolls into the cartridge. With the shiny side of the ribbon face down, connect the left end of the full lower ribbon roll to the cartridge's white spool. Connect the upper blue core of the upper ribbon roll to the blue gear of the cartridge.
- Connect the right side of the ribbon rolls to the cartridge's holders.
- To tighten the ribbon, turn the upper right white spool clockwise.
- Flip the cartridge over and install it to your machine. Close the cover of the fax machine.
Looking for quality cheap ribbon rolls? See our collection of ribbon rolls..