HP DeskJet 6540 Ink Cartridges
Replacement HP DeskJet 6540 Ink Cartridges from $7.99
Save $91.09 (84% off retail price)
Save $72.04 (79% off retail price)
Save $93.19 (80% off retail price)
Save $125.10 (83% off retail price)
Save $107.04 (81% off retail price)
Save $140.16 (81% off retail price)
Save $216.20 (83% off retail price)
Save $180.10 (81% off retail price)
Save $235.52 (82% off retail price)
Save $33.00 (81% off retail price)
Save $44.10 (77% off retail price)
Save $39.04 (78% off retail price)
Save $57.09 (84% off retail price)
Save $6.09 (36% off retail price)
Save $10.00 (40% off retail price)
How to change HP DeskJet 6540 ink cartridge replacement on printer?
- Make sure that the printer is turned on, then open the ink cartridge access door of the printer.
- The ink cartridges' carriage will automatically move so make sure to wait for it to completely stop moving before you proceed.
- To release the ink cartridge, just simply lift the latch covering the ink cartridge then pull the cartridge out from the printer.
- Get your new CompAndSave's HP DeskJet 6540 ink cartridge replacement. Open it over a sink or garbage can to avoid any mess in case it leaks as sometimes, factories tend to overfill the ink cartridges. Make sure to touch the black plastic part only, then remove the covering tape that is usually bright in color as well as the plastic protective case, if there is, before installing it.
- Insert the HP 6540 ink cartridge to its respective slot. You should hear a snap indicating that it is locked in place.
- Close the ink cartridge access door then try to print a test page.
HP DeskJet 6540 Ink Cartridge FAQs
- What kind of ink does the HP DeskJet 6540 use?
- You can use either the HP 94 black and HP 95 tri-color ink cartridges or the HP 96 black and HP 97 tri-color ink cartridges.
- How do you know when to change your ink cartridge?
- If one of the colors is painted, discolored, or blacks are starting to lighten into grays, this might indicate that your cartridge is running low. We highly suggest you to run a print test on your computer to confirm if you need to change cartridges. Please review your printer manual for detailed instructions.